Vacancy: UI & UX Designer
To succeed in this role, you will need to be self-motivated, comfortable working unsupervised, and able to take into account a variety of functional, technical, and user requirements when designing solutions. You will be able to communicate well with creative, technical, and business audiences and you will see the value of collaborating with other experts to deliver the best solution.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing beautiful, accessible, and responsive user interfaces for both websites and digital products, in line with provided brand guidelines and toolkits
- Creating and rapidly iterating on ideas using process flows, wireframes, hi-fidelity designs, and prototypes to effectively communicate designs and behaviours
- Building and maintaining design systems and pattern libraries to make delivery as effective as possible
- Supporting client workshops and participating in client feedback sessions
- Acting as the voice of design inside the team, ensuring we never miss out on making things as beautiful as they should be
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends in design and accessibility and ensuring we evolve our processes and tools appropriately
- Supporting the wider team with design tasks including discovery outputs, mockups, and other items
Skills and experience
Ideally, you will have spent a few years working in a similar role in an agency or similar environment. Our perfect candidate will also have:
- An understanding of HTML and CSS, so you can design with development in mind
- Experience working with a team of developers
- Experience with ad-hoc design tasks like presentations, reports, and icons
- A degree in a related discipline (UX Design, Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Psychology, or similar).
These are essential:
- Expert user of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, XD, etc.
- Experience designing complex sites or digital products, beyond simple brochure sites
- Experience creating mobile-first designs
- Experience building, maintaining, and working with design systems and/or digital style guides
- Experience building, maintaining, and re-using design libraries and pattern libraries
- Experience understanding a brief to formulate the most appropriate creative solution.
Within 3-5 years, there will be the opportunity to progress to Design Director. This role will oversee a small team of designers and be responsible for our overall approach to design work. To help you get there, you will have the support of a highly experienced non-executive director as well as whatever training you need.
Our teams work from the office at least 2 days a week, although you’re welcome to use the office as much as you like. This means you must live within a reasonable distance of our office in Pool, Redruth.
We’re open to full- or part-time candidates, and we’re especially keen to hear from anyone looking to return to work after parental leave or a career break.
Here are some of the benefits our team enjoy:
- 30 days’ holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Private medical cover with Vitality, rewarding you with discounts and goodies for being active.
- Access to a huge range of discounts from high-street and online brands
- A £300 training budget to spend on anything you like, work related or not – we just want to help you be your best self!
- A fair, competitive salary that is reviewed by the board of directors every single month
- Autonomy to choose where and when you work, subject to some ground rules
- A seriously cool office in a seriously cool building with an amazing cafe, pinball machines, breakout spaces, and lots more
- A monthly team social, plus a summer party for staff and families