Vacancy: Finance & Office Manager
Starting salary: £30,000 – £35,000 pro-rata, plus all our benefits.
Reporting directly to the managing director, this role is crucial to our growth. You will have a lot of autonomy in the role, allowing you to use your experience, instinct, and initiative to help us improve our finance and administration processes.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts on full accrual basis
- Budgeting and cashflow forecasting
- Invoicing, sales ledger management, and credit control
- Purchase ledger, general creditor maintenance, and payment runs
- Revenue recognition including prepayment and accrual journals
- Filing of VAT, PAYE and similar returns and payments
- Day-to-day bookkeeping and reconciliations
- Management of company credit and expense cards
- Handling depreciation, fixed assets and other general journals
- Record keeping and data input into company systems (Xero, spreadsheets, CRM, HR system, etc)
- Contract management
- Purchasing & ordering equipment, office supplies, and similar items
- Managing any Health & Safety requirements, risk assessments etc
- Helping to manage the recruitment process from placing of adverts for vacancies to processing applications, arranging interviews, issuing job offers and rejection notices.
- Helping to manage our onboarding process such as staff inductions and pre-employment checks, pensions enrolments as required
- Assisting the Directors with various ad-hoc matters, diary management and task management
Skills and experience
Ideally, you will have been working in a finance role for the past few years and have a formal accountancy qualification such as AAT. You will also have:
- A robust working knowledge of Xero (essential)
- Experience of monthly accounting processes and routines (essential)
- Experience of working in a hands-on finance role, planning and structuring your workload and working with colleagues to meet the various monthly and quarterly internal and external deadlines (essential)
- The ability to do a hands-on role and therefore be able to plan and structure workload and work with colleagues to meet the various monthly and quarterly internal and external deadlines (essential)
- Ability to work and communicate clearly with non-finance based colleagues (essential)
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including Teams, OneDrive, and SharePoint (desirable)
We’re a small team so team fit is extremely important to us. We’re looking for someone who is a team player with an enthusiastic and positive attitude. Sometimes, especially around month end, we have to work under pressure so it’s essential that you’re able to work to agreed deadlines. We don’t believe in micro-managing our team, so you will need to be comfortable working under your own initiative to deliver a set of agreed outcomes.
As you develop in the role, you will take a more active role in our overall financial planning and strategy. If progression is your thing, over the next 3-5 years you will have the opportunity to build a small finance and admin team. To help you get there, you will have the support of an experienced Non-Executive Director with extensive experience in agency finance.
Our teams work from the office at least 2 days a week, although you’re welcome to use the office as much as you like. This means you must live within a reasonable distance of our office in Pool, Redruth.
This is a part-time role (20 – 30 hours per week), and we’re especially keen to hear from anyone looking to return to work after parental leave or a career break.
Here are some of the benefits our team enjoy:
- 30 days’ holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Private medical cover with Vitality, rewarding you with discounts and goodies for being active.
- Access to a huge range of discounts from high-street and online brands
- A £300 training budget to spend on anything you like, work related or not – we just want to help you be your best self!
- A fair, competitive salary that is reviewed by the board of directors every single month
- Autonomy to choose where and when you work, subject to some ground rules
- A seriously cool office in a seriously cool building with an amazing cafe, pinball machines, breakout spaces, and lots more
- A monthly team social, plus a summer party for staff and families